Tuesday 10 July 2012

Steve Austin:Recoil and Maximum Conviction



Always great to find films which go straight to dvds,and they have a damsel in distress scene in them.
'Recoil' is one such offering,which I first saw on Sasha's blog.

I really enjoyed that film,and was very pleased to see Steve Austin as the good guy,who goes into a remote town called Hope,to exact ruthless,brutal revenge,on the vicious biker gang,which murdered his family.



In the film,our hero meets up with Darcy,(Serinda Swan)who runs a motel in the town,and stays there till he's concluded his business.

Obviously,the bad guys catch on to that,and grab Darcy,knocking out Steve in the process.I was very pleased to see Serinda bound and gagged,as she's being used as a hostage against Steve,but the bad guys don't last long after their gloating.hehe.

Some great fight scenes included,and a very nice damsel in distress scene too.


Which neatly brings me to Steve Austin and Steven Seagal's next offering.Seagal's films recently,have been stripped-almost woefully-of damsel in distress scenes.Not one actress I've watched,has been bound and gagged in his recent films.

This is a huge shame,because some of the girls I've seen in them,are simply gorgeous,and would deserve a scene.In particular,I was praying for a scene,for the stunning Tanaya Beatty,in Seagal's 'Soldier of Vengeance'




Alas,and yet again,it was not to be.You want to kick the writers sometimes;especially with Seagal's films concentrating on police action.Why the writers won't put any damsel in distress scenes in,is pure bafflement! After all,they used to do in the good old days;eg,Hawaii 5-0,Starsky and Hutch,Professionals,etc,etc...

Anyway,the next film will be 'Maximum Conviction' Obviously set in a maximum security prison.From what I've read of the plot,both Steves have to protect a woman prisoner.(possibly more women)Chains I'm sure,will be featured,but I've got my fingers crossed for some good old fashioned tightly tied ropes,and a nice tight gag too,for our hopeful,future damsels.Please get it right next time.

Time will tell...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.