Wednesday 20 July 2011

Superman.The TV shows.

I loved watching Superman,and I still remember being blown away by watching the 1978 film with the late Christopher Reeve playing the part.The beginning of the film has never left me,watching the scenes where the planet Krypton was ripping itself apart.That was just awesome.

Obviously though,I preferred to watch the tv shows.I loved them all.My first experience with this,was watching the recent 'Lois and Clark:The New Adventures of Superman' Dean Cain played the hero character really well,and of course,who could forget the gorgeous Teri Hatcher,playing headstrong Lois Lane.

I've heard different opinions on how Teri felt playing Lois.One was,that she didn't like being bound and gagged all the time:whilst the other side of the coin was,that she wanted to portray Lois as a strong willed character.Personally,I didn't care how Teri played her.All I wanted to see was her tied up,and in the bad guys clutches,with some serious peril included too!

No copyright infringment intended
The show was great,but the writers did drag certain stories out,which made me shake my head in disbelief.One was where Lois was kidnapped by Lex Luthor,who was played brilliantly by John Shea.He was finally killed off,but Lois lost her memory,as she knew Clark was really Superman,and they were going to marry.Yet we had to wait a bit,before the happy ending finally came.All in all though,a great show,and whilst I can't remember how many times Teri was bound and gagged,with many other gorgeous actresses for Dean to rescue,it was certainly worth watching!

Personally though,I thought the 50's tv show just had the edge.It starred the late George Reeves,who I also thought played the Man of Steel best.He had a great smile,showed the character to be warm and caring,whilst he was also brilliant at beating the bad guys.It was a superb show:the stories were well written,and for its time,the special effects were really good.Who could forget George's take off,even if he was diving!

Again,just like its more recent counterpart,there were many pretty damsels to be rescued,and I enjoyed seeing them bound and gagged too.The only minor gripe I had,was that they showed Jimmy Olsen's character in trouble with Lois a lot too.Having said that,it was a small price to pay,but it didn't really spoil the show.(although it felt it did at the time!)

No copyright infringment intended
I still miss it:one of the best tv shows I've ever watched.It's a real shame George is no longer here with us,to share his thoughts on the show.His untimely death,still unexplained,although suicide seems to be the most accepted version.Aside from the Superman role,George wasn't really given a chance to do anything else,and I really wished it had turned out different for him.I would have loved to have met him.R.I.P George.

2 comments:

  1. Teri was tied/gagged in a lot of stuff besides L&C, so if she was miffed about the bondage, she needed to speak to her agent I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think personally,Teri didn't mind being bound and gagged so many times on the show.She surely would have known Lois Lane's character,would have ended up in that predicament.

    I think Teri was mostly satisfied she played a very headstrong female heroine.Most actresses,I would like to think,don't mind being bound and gagged in their roles,as long as they play a good,headstrong character.

    Personally,I don't have a problem with this,although I will admit that I much prefer the more gentler female,being seized by the bad guys.Of course,it really makes no difference what type of character they play,as long as I see them tied up and gagged!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.