Sunday 12 February 2012

Gilligan's Island-Dawn Wells

Now I have to admit,that for years I never heard of this show.(Yes,very sad,isn't it?) I actually got curious over it,whilst browsing through the Internet,and saw a photo of Dawn in the show.

Much to my surprise,and of course delight,I saw Dawn bound and gagged in it,and this got me to buy a dvd boxset of the show.

I found the show great fun,and it seems to be very popular with a lot of fellow damsel in distress fans,notably Dawn's character,Mary Ann.

Of course,I haven't watched all the episodes,as I've only completed the first season,but it's been huge fun.I loved the late Bob Denver's portrayal of his character,Gilligan,who actually reminds me of another favourite character of mine,called Frank Spencer,from one of our best loved comedies,'Some Mothers do ave 'em.

Both their characters are almost identical.They both mean well,but they're walking disasters,which of course,meant great fun.


I had read Dawn got the most fan mail when she was in the show,and must admit I would have been writing in too to her!Dawn was indeed,very,very pretty.

Of course,the main reason I bought Gilligan's Island,was to see how many times Dawn's character got grabbed by the bad guys,and she was tied up and gagged.


The picture above,is one of my favourites.Dawn looks lovely here,in an episode from the show,called 'How to be a Hero'

The episode's really funny,where Gilligan thinks he's a failure,after he proves completely inept when Mary Ann's in danger of drowning.Of course,Mary Ann survives unharmed,but Gilligan's unconsolable.So his fellow castaways think up a plan to let him save them,and restore his confidence.

Unfortunately,and unknown to them,a hostile cannibal arrives on the island,and promptly captures most of the castaways,with only Gilligan and his skipper left.Needless to say,Gilligan still thinks it's all a set-up after overhearing the plan,but by some miracle,he does indeed,save the day,and saves all his friends from the cooking pot!

Of course,the highlight of that,was seeing Dawn bound and gagged,and struggling like mad to free herself.There were some nice camera shots of her face close up,as she mumbled against her gag.Her wide eyes were nice too.Dawn played that scene really well,considering it was a comedy!

I'll certainly be interested to see Dawn seized by the bad guys,in the rest of the show,although I did hear she didn't get very many tied up scenes.The 'How to be a Hero' is a classic for me,despite the bloke interference,but again,it was a comedy.

I really enjoyed it,and hope to see Dawn in distress again!

2 comments:

  1. Boy~I wish EVERYONE up-dated their blogs as-much-as YOU do!
    (MOST of your count PROBABLY comes from
    ME doing a DAILY check!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,whenever the mood suits me,BBL,and as long as you like what you see here.:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.