Saturday 7 April 2012

Command and Conquer

Now I really love this game.It's got me hooked.Not only that,but there are some brilliant cut scenes in the game,with some very popular film and tv stars.



Obviously,it's a military themed game,and you can choose your side before going into the fight levels.Being fiercely English,I'l always choose to defend the West!Trust me though,some of the levels,are unbelievably hard! Still great fun though!

Anyway,that's not what I want to talk about,but there's a nice damsel in distress scene included in this game.Although I have to admit,I don't recall seeing it,when I played it.




This is one of the female good guys,and she's Tanya Adams(played by Lynne Litteer)One of the deadliest weapons in your arsenal,should you choose the good guys side.There have actually been a couple of lovely ladies,who have played Tanya's character.

Quite early on in the game,you see Tanya being ordered to rescue Professor Einstien,who is being forced to work against his will by the Russians.Tanya succeeds in getting him out,or more precisely:you help her too!
It's then,that we see the next cut scene with the two blokes above,telling you Tanya's been captured,and you've got to get in and rescue her.

For me,this is the puzzling part.Because I can easily recall all the cut scenes,and the next one showing Tanya tied up,wasn't included in my game.Whether they missed it or what,I was gutted,but I liked it on youtube.Whilst Tanya's trussed up,a gloating Russian interrogator savours holding her hostage,and prepares to give her a nasty looking injection.Fortunately,you save the day,and Tanya kicks her way to freedom.It's only a small scene,and you can tell it's part of a game.Yet still highly enjoyable.



Sadly,this is the only pic I could get of that scene,but it was better than nothing.Especially on the other versions of the game,which showed a different female playing Tanya,and there was nothing at all!



You can imagine my disappointment,especially when I saw this lovely lady playing the role.She's Kari Wuhrer,and I was totally gutted Kari didn't get a scene.I loved her performance as Tanya,but in the end,I just had to shake my head and thought:What a wasted opportunity.





The same could be said,for the lovely Grace Park,who played Sandra in Command and Conquer 3-Tiberuim Wars.I would have loved to have seen Grace-especially wearing that uniform!-,fall into the bad guys clutches.Sadly though,this was never done,and was left bitterly disappointed again.

Command and Conquer is still going strong,and there may have been scenes that I missed in other versions of the game,but I sincerely hope I'll see something soon.

Unless of course,if anybody else has seen something.....? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.