Saturday 24 November 2012

2 of my favourite damsels

Maggie Cheung is one of my most favourite damsels in distress characters.Not only is she super drop dead gorgeous in my opinion,but I've really enjoyed seeing her bound and gagged in a couple of Jackie Chan's films.


Actually,I was also a great fan of Jackie's films too.They were fun,really exciting fight scenes,and of course,saving the pretty girl.

Unfortunately,I haven't seen any damsel in distress scenes from Jackie's most recent offerings,and I've just about give up.There's just been too much girl power,ruining all my hopes.The only girl power I like to see,is when its girl v girl.As I previously mentioned,I will never accept gorgeous girls beating the crap out of 6'4 burly gorillas.Then I've had to listen to the actress cawing with delight,saying how pleased and proud of her character she is.

Yeah,right.It's only a bloody film.Lighten up...

Anyway,onto more fonder memories.This picture of Maggie,is taken from 'Police Story 3 Supercop'
It's definitely one of my favourites,and has also the lovely Michelle Yeoh in it.

Sadly,there was more girl power included,as the fight scenes showed Michelle beating up the bad guys with Jackie,but as the film had a scene with the lovely Maggie bound and gagged in it,I could live with it.After all,they were the good guys,but I just wish sometimes I could see a bit more realism.
If a girl takes on blokes,then I would personally write in a gun battle scene.The female character is highly skilled in her weapon,and can also use it to get the advantage.I do this in my Sanna Menace stories,with the characters of Hunt and Paula Ann.They're both fierce fighters,but I would,never,EVER have them taking on a much more stronger bloke in unarmed combat,and letting them win.That's why I prefer girl versus girl.It's much more better that way.

Just a shame Hollywood and plenty of other people don't seem to agree....


Now here we have the also lovely Annie Wu(aka Chen Chen Wu)I first watched her in another one of Jackie Chan's films: First Strike.

This was also a huge favourite of mine.Fantastic action,a great sense of humour,but alas:no bound and gagged scenes for Annie.In fact,there was only a brief handgag for her! Also,towards the end of the film,she's grabbed by the bad guys and they're escaping on boat.

Just for a second,you hear the main bad guy order his accomplice to tie Annie up,but just then,Jackie races in to save her.I wasn't sure whether to smile or groan!

Anyway,2 very pretty girls who didn't mind playing the damsel in distress,and I'll certainly keep my eyes open for any more scenes from the Far East.Just a damned shame they put blokes in a lot with them!:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.